Good morning Hedgehog Class. It is the end of June today so tomorrow is a brand new month! Have an amazing last day of June, work hard and have fun!
HEALTHY HAPPY HEDGEHOGS
- Yesterday we watched the story of ‘Under the Mask’.
- Today we are thinking about Olly in the story. Share the page about Olly from the story below.
- What have you missed doing since lockdown? Are you looking forward to doing those things again?
- It is ok to miss things and feel sad or upset because we can’t do them at the moment.
- Draw a picture of three things that you miss doing since you have been in lockdown.
COMMUNICATION AND LANGUAGE – Discuss the picture of the day from Pobble 365; Moving House
Talk about the bullet points below with an adult.
- What can you see in today’s picture? The picture is called ‘Moving House’.
- Have you ever moved house?
- Do you think people actually pick up and move their house or move into a new one?
- Show me how you might move your body through the space if you are feeling calm.
- Share the story of The Colour Monster up to 3 minutes.
- The Colour Monster is red and angry. What does the Colour Monster shout when he is red and angry?
- He shouts ‘It’s not fair’.
- When he is black he is feeling scared. When he feels scared and alone, what do you think could make him feel better?
- Being with someone else might make him feel better. What could the colour monster say to ask for help when he feels scared?
- Write a speech bubble from the black Colour Monster to say how he could ask for help when he feels scared.
PHONICS MISS PROCTOR’S GROUP
- Practise reading words with all phase 3 graphemes on the dragons den game.
- Watch today’s phonics video to read CCVCC words.
- Practise reading CCVCC words using the espresso game below.
- Read the sentence below and draw a picture to match.
The clown did tricks at the fair.
PHONICS MRS BUTCHER’S GROUP
- Practise blending ai/ee/igh/oa words on the activity below.
- Today we are spelling ‘or’ words in the video below.
- Practise spelling ar/or words on your Purple Mash 2do activity.
- Write the sentence at the end of today’s phonics video. (She got the corn with a fork.)
- Get 10 small objects from around your house. Can you find half of the objects?
- Recap numbers 11-20 using tens and ones on Numberblocks.
- Today we are using tens and ones to make the numbers 11-20. Watch today’s maths video below.
- Make two tens sticks and nine ones. Use your tens and ones to make the numbers 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20.
UNDERSTANDING THE WORLD
- Watch the story of ‘Commotion in the Ocean’
- Choose your favourite sea animal. What can you remember about that animal? Read that page of the story again.
- Make a picture of your favourite animal and make a habitat for it to live in. You can use materials from your house to do this or you could draw one on Purple Mash 2paint.
- Owls and Rabbits – Log in to Oxford Owl (email firstname.lastname@example.org for our class log in if required).
- Choose the book ‘Home for a night’. Read pages 5-9 to an adult. How do you think the families feel when they see the flash of lightening?
- Badgers and Foxes – Log in to Oxford Owl (email email@example.com for our class log in if required).
- Choose the book ‘The King and his wish’. What did the king wish for? Read pages 5-11 to an adult. What do you think will happen to the King when they pass him the box? Draw a picture of what you think will happen next.