Good morning Hedgehogs. I hope you all had a great start to the week. It was lovely to see your amazing rocket designs. Have a fantastic day and email me your work to firstname.lastname@example.org
HEALTHY HAPPY HEDGEHOGS
- Watch the story of The Rabbit Listened until 4minutes and 50 seconds. Talk to an adult about why you think Taylor didn’t feel like doing anything with anybody.
COMMUNICATION AND LANGUAGE – Discuss the picture of the day from Pobble 365; The House in the Rainforest
Talk about the bullet points below with an adult.
- What can you see in today’s picture? The picture is called ‘The House in the Rainforest’.
- Close your eyes and imagine that you live in a house in the rainforest. What can you hear?
- Share the story of Whatever Next by Jill Murphy up to 4 minutes.
- When Baby Bear was on his way up to the moon he passed an aeroplane full of people. Pretend that you are flying in an aeroplane through the night sky. Imagine that you saw a bear flying up to space in a rocket.
- What would you shout to him? Practise saying your sentence out loud.
- Draw a picture of yourself with a big speech bubble coming out of your mouth.
- Write your sentence inside the speech bubble.
PHONICS MISS PROCTOR’S GROUP
- Match the pictures to the words on Phonics Play make a match (phase 3, set 5).
- Watch today’s phonics video to spell CCVC words with digraphs.
- Practise spelling CCVC words on the Espresso segmenting game.
- Write the sentence below after an adult has read it aloud to you.
She cut her finger and it will bleed.
PHONICS MRS BUTCHER’S GROUP
- Read and find the ‘igh’ words on the game below.
- Watch today’s phonics video to spell ‘oo’ words.
- Spell the words to match the pictures on today’s video. (zoo, moon, roof, hoof)
- Write the sentence at the end of today’s video. (The moon is light at night)
- I am thinking of a number that is in between 14 and 16. What number am I?
- Watch today’s maths video to find out about representing teen numbers in part, part, whole circles.
- Use tens and ones to represent the numbers 13, 14,15,16,17 in part, part, whole circles.
UNDERSTANDING THE WORLD
- All of the planets in our solar system travel around the sun. It takes one year for our planet to orbit around the sun. A year is a long time and lots of things happen every year. Talk to an adult about all the things that happen in a year such as the seasons and special celebrations.
- Use the template of a planet below or draw your own planet. Inside your planet draw some of the special things that have happened in your life in the past year.
- Foxes and Badgers- Log in to Oxford Owl (email email@example.com for our class log in if required).
- Choose ‘Dad, can you do this?’ Read page 7 to 11 to an adult. Dad can’t go on the swings and the climbing frame because he is too tall. Write a list of all the things that Zak can do that Dad can’t do.
- Owls and Rabbits- Log in to Oxford Owl (email firstname.lastname@example.org for our class log in if required).
Choose the book ‘Toads in the road’. Read pages 6- 9 to an adult. Look at the sign that Dad is holding up. What do you think the sign means? Write a sentence to go with the sign to warn the traffic.