Happy Tuesday Hedgehog Class. I hope you all had a fantastic start to the week yesterday. I can’t wait to see how you develop your innovated stories this week! Have a great day and make sure you find time to play and have fun.
HEALTHY HAPPY HEDGEHOGS
- Yesterday you watched the story ‘While We Can’t Hug’.
- Write a list of things you can do instead of hugging to show somebody that you love them.
COMMUNICATION AND LANGUAGE – Discuss the picture of the day from Pobble 365; Magical Eggs
Talk about the bullet points below with an adult.
- What can you see in today’s picture? The picture is called ‘Magical Eggs’.
- Where do you think the man in the picture got the magical eggs from? What will he use them for?
- Can you remember a story that we have read where there are magical (golden) eggs?
- Retell your innovated story of Little Red Riding Hood using your new story map.
- Watch today’s literacy video and find out my new story opening.
- Owls, Rabbits and Foxes – Use your story planner to think of a sentence for the opening part of your story. Try not to make your sentence too long, an adult might help you with this, so that you can write your sentence independently. Remember that you have a new main character now. When you have practised saying your sentence aloud, write your story opening.
- Badgers – Draw a picture of the opening part of your story. Think of a sentence for your story opening. Practise saying your sentence out loud. Ask an adult to write the sentence as you tell them what word comes next.
PHONICS MISS PROCTOR’S GROUP
- Practise spelling words with digraphs using Alien Escape.
- Watch today’s phonics video to find out about spelling CCVC words with digraphs.
- Practise your segmenting skills and write the words inside your phoneme frames to match the pictures at the end of the video. (flag, grass, pluck, twin)
- Write the sentence at the end of today’s video. (The train fell off the track.)
PHONICS MRS BUTCHER’S GROUP
- Get something ready to write with and watch today’s maths video and record how many sounds you can hear.
- Continue watching today’s maths video and join in with counting up to and back from number 18.
- Write each of the numbers 0-9 on a small piece of paper. Draw the correct amount of spots under each number.
- Choose 3 cards and find the total of these numbers. Ask an adult to do the same.
- The person with the biggest total wins.
UNDERSTANDING THE WORLD
- Continue watching the story of ‘The Way Back Home’ by Oliver Jeffers.
- How do the boy and the Martian help each other?
- Do you think they will ever meet again?
- It looks very different in space to on earth. Watch the video below to find out more about life in space.
- In space there isn’t any oxygen to breathe. If you were in space and got out of the space ship, you would need to wear a special space suit with a helmet connected to a supply of oxygen. Design your own space suit with a helmet and oxygen supply.
- Owls and Rabbits – Log in to Oxford Owl (email email@example.com for our class log in if required).
- Read pages 1-9 of The Ice Rink. When Wilf falls over, how do you think he feels? In Hedgehog Class we encourage each other when something is difficult. Write a speech bubble saying what you think Dad should say to Wilf when he falls over on the ice.
- Foxes and Badgers- Log in to Oxford Owl (email firstname.lastname@example.org for our class log in if required).
- Read pages 1-9 of Tiger’s Fish to an adult. Nok’s leg is stuck. How do you think he will get himself free? Write a sentence to say what you predict will happen next.