Date of last Ofsted Inspection: 6th – 7th March 2019
For a copy of our full Inspection School Report please click on the link below…
2019 Ofsted Report
The Ofsted Inspector was highly positive about our school. She was exceptionally impressed with the behaviour and positive attitudes of our children, not only to each other and adults, but also to their individual learning. The Inspector has also noted:
- Early years provision is outstanding. Excellent leadership and strong teaching create a stimulating learning environment so that pupils get off to a good start in all areas of learning.
- Pupils are exceptionally well cared for. They are happy, work and play together well and show respect for each other, staff and visitors. Behaviour is excellent.
- Pupils enjoy coming to school because they say teachers make learning fun. Attendance is improving and is above the national average. Persistent absence, particularly for disadvantaged pupils, is reducing because of the decisive action taken by leaders.
- Good quality support and training is provided for teachers and learning support assistants. As a result, teaching is strong and pupils’ outcomes are good.
- Leaders and governors have resolutely improved teaching through the appointment of skilled and dedicated teachers who are committed to making the school better.
- Governors are knowledgeable about the school and skilfully hold leaders to account.
The Inspection has also confirmed the areas that we had already highlighted as needing to further develop. These include:
- Improve further the quality of teaching, to improve pupils’ progress, especially at the end of key stage 2 by:
- providing pupils with work that challenges them to think harder about their writing and in mathematics, including for the most able pupils
- ensuring that teachers use questioning and plan activities to improve all pupils’ reasoning skills in mathematics.
- Further develop the skills of middle leaders to make sure that changes focus on deepening pupils’ knowledge, skills and understanding, particularly in history and geography.
Under the Ofsted framework, our school has been judged as ‘Good with Outstanding Features’. The Ofsted Inspector engaged very positively with us, once again validating the intensity and accuracy of our self-evaluation judgments and school improvement planning.
We would encourage you to read the full report as you will find many more positives within the report as our school continues to go from strength to strength.
Finally, we would like to thank everyone involved in our school for their contribution: the children who are always a credit to our school in everything they do; the staff for their continual hard work and professionalism each and every day; and all the parents and guardians who made their views clear through conversations with the Inspector and the online ParentView survey during our Inspection.
Should you wish to discuss the report or our improvement plans, please do not hesitate to contact us through the school office.